Check out my newest class (February 2022):
Sketching Nature Foundations Course
If you’re new to my classes, this is the best place to start!
In this class you will learn:
- Common materials used for sketching nature inside and outside
- Easy sketching techniques
- Simplifying shapes in the landscape
- Basics of watercolor
- Basics of sketching rocks, trees, and other natural elements
- Introduction to Color Theory, Composition, and Perspective
- Multiple real time demos
- And so much more!
MODULE 1 – PREPARING
- Lesson 1.1 Setting intentions and managing expectations
- Lesson 1.2 Painting on Location
- Lesson 1.3 Finding your Style
MODULE 2 – DRAWING THE LANDSCAPE
- Lesson 2.1 Basic techniques
- Lesson 2.2 Sketchbook Habits
- Lesson 2.3 Simplifying Landscape Shapes (part 1 & 2)
- Lesson 2.4 Intro to Value Studies
- Lesson 2.5 Intro to Composition & Design
- Lesson 2.6 Intro to Perspective
MODULE 3 – PAINTING THE LANDSCAPE
- Lesson 3.1 Color Theory Basics
- Lesson 3.2 Watercolor & Gouache Basics
- Lesson 3.3 Demo #1 – Watercolor Rocks
- Lesson 3.4 Demo #2 – Watercolor Trees
- Lesson 3.5 Demo #3 – Plein air Watercolor
- Lessons 3.6 Demo #4 – Gouache Forest
Final: Class Project & Homework Suggestions
My teaching style
My goal as a teacher is for students to take away a deeper understanding of the subject, rather than just copy something they see on screen. Understanding the “why” allows you to continue your studies and develop your techniques with a solid foundation.
Want to dive deeper? Check out my other in-depth classes for drawing and painting nature:
2 thoughts on “Sketching Nature: Foundations Course | New Skillshare Class”
Looks fantastic Sarah!!
Thank you! Took me sooooooooo long to make this class!